One of the objects that breaks more frequently in the bathroom is the toilet tank lid and most requested are top Mansfield model 35. Ceramic composition combined with its location to three feet (90 cm) from the floor often lead to accidental breakage of the toilet tank cover, particularly in family homes. The relative price often replace the lid of the toilet tank is prohibitive to complete this project, and few have the experience or the necessary equipment to carry out a new ceramic top. An alternative is to build a toilet tank lid new wood is an excellent choice, allowing the toilet remains functional and keep foreign objects out of the water in the tank.
What nesecitaras to do a similar mansfield toilet tank lid model 35 are: tape measure, pencil, block of half-inch (1.2 cm) thick, Sierra.
Instructions for a toilet tank lid
1. Measure the length and width of the opening in the tank of the toilet between the extreme edges. Transfer these measurements to wooden block and add one inch (2.5 cm) of each measure for more space. Mark these measurements in the wood block and cut next to these brands using the saw.
2. Cut out two pieces of half-inch (1.2 cm) of the same length as plug the the distance from the top of the toilet tank and then cut two pieces of Jack’s half-inch (1.2 cm) from one inch (2.5 cm) shorter than the width of the top of the tank. Paste parts into place one by one, sticking them together like the lid of the toilet tank. Let parts dry at night.
3. Sanded the edges of the lid of the toilet tank vigorously until the edges are curved and soft. Continue sanding until you begin to appear curved and loses its form of wood block. Sandpaper the outside edge of the base of the toilet tank lid to make it softer as was originally.
4. Clean the lid of the toilet tank. It applies a high gloss with a thick white paint using thick bars. It covers all tank, up and down, paying special attention to the top surface. Leave the paint to dry properly, which could take about four hours. It applies a second thick layer and leave the paint to dry. It continues to apply paint until top looks white and combine with the color of the toilet.
5. Cover the top with a thin layer of sealant once the paint has dried. Leave to spend four hours to allow the sealer to dry. Lightly sanded the sealant layer dry and add another thin layer of sealant. Still leaving time to dry. Add additional layers until the surface of the CAP is bright and all the top appears to be covered with a full seal that can not see anything of the original surface.